Senator warns US could plot strike against Syria under pretext of alleged chemical attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 16:16
Russian, Ukrainian companies' websites under massive cyber attackWorld June 27, 16:14
Seoul mayor presents his 'e-government' urban administration system to TASSWorld June 27, 15:35
Envoy says military dialogue may help ensure safety over Baltic SeaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 15:13
Rosneft reports massive cyberattack on its serversBusiness & Economy June 27, 15:08
Russia’s advanced drone helicopters to be displayed at defense showMilitary & Defense June 27, 14:56
Russia fully complies with terms of oil production cut deal — Energy MinistryBusiness & Economy June 27, 14:29
Kremlin has no information about pending chemical attacks in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 14:26
Russian hi-tech firm to feature submarine Internet technology at St. Petersburg naval showMilitary & Defense June 27, 13:58
MOSCOW, December 16. /TASS/. The launch of the US space satellite EchoStar-21 with Russia’s Proton rocket has been postponed again from December 22 to December 28, a source in the space rocket industry has told TASS.
"The newly-set date and time are December 28, 19:26 Moscow time," the source said without mentioning any reason why the launch has put off.
The Russian space corporation Roscosmos has refrained from comment.
Originally, the satellite was to be put in space in the first quarter of this year. The launch was postponed five times.
EchoStar-21 (previously named EchoStar T2 and TerreStar 2), manufactured by Space Systems/Loral is expected to provide communication services in Europe. Once in orbit, it will be included in Britain’s national register.
The previous launch of a Proton rocket was on June 9. It put in space the Intelsat 31 satellite.