Russian Culture Ministry urges Arctic tourism developmentSociety & Culture June 26, 8:27
Scientists call Arctic 'blank space' on world archaeology mapBusiness & Economy June 26, 8:13
Anton Siluanov: “...It's worth any price you pay”Business & Economy June 26, 8:00
Russia hopes Astana talks on Syria will yield package of documents on de-escalation zonesRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 25, 20:31
Russians’ real incomes up by 3% in May - Russian finance ministerBusiness & Economy June 25, 18:39
All doping tests of Russian players at 2014 FIFA World Cup are negativeSport June 25, 15:10
Police refrains from calling Newcastle incident a terrorist attackWorld June 25, 13:14
Putin offers condolences to Pakistan’s president over fire victimsRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 25, 12:39
Fire of fuel tank kills 123 people in Pakistan - TVWorld June 25, 7:58
“The claims may be expanded, if the First Deputy Prosecutor-General takes a decision,” the spokeswoman said, commenting on a Moscow court’s decision to reject the Russian Investigative Committee’s petition to present its own claims to Sistema under a lawsuit filed by the prosecutors.
Moscow Arbitration Court ruled on Thursday against allowing Russia’s Investigative Committee to join the lawsuit filed by the General Prosecutor’s Office against the holding company Sistema owned by billionaire Vladimir Yevtushenkov.
Therefore, the court will not consider the Investigative Committee’s claims in the Bashneft case to recover about $4.7 billion from Sistema and its subsidiary Sistema Invest in favor of the state.
Russia’s Investigative Committee earlier requested the court to recover $3.6 billion from Sistema and $1.18 billion from Sistema Invest under the lawsuit filed by the General Prosecutor’s Office in the case of the unlawful acquisition of Bashneft oil producer.The Investigative Committee said these sums comprised dividends received by Sistema and Sistema Invest on Bashneft shares in 2009-2013.
The court announced only the resolutive part of the ruling on Thursday while its motivated part will be ready in several days, the spokeswoman said, adding that the Investigative Committee has the right to appeal against the judgement.
The court held preliminary hearings on Thursday to consider a lawsuit filed by the Russian Prosecutor General’s Office against holding company Sistema and its subsidiary Sistema Invest on violations committed during the privatization of the Bashkortostan fuel and energy companies that now make up oil producer Bashneft and the return of Bashneft’s assets to the state.
The lawsuit was filed on September 26 jointly with Russia’s State Property Committee.
Bashneft is majority controlled by Sistema whose owner Vladimir Yevtushenkov was placed under house arrest in September on charges of money laundering in the case of Bashneft’s acquisition.
A prosecutor said in the Moscow Arbitration Court on Thursday that the fuel and energy companies of the Urals Republic of Bashkortostan had been privatized without the Russian government’s permission.
“The property located on the territory of Bashkortostan belonged to the Russian Federation. No permission for privatization was obtained from the Russian Federation,” the prosecutor said.
The Moscow Arbitration Court has scheduled for October 23 court hearings for examining the substance of the prosecutors’ lawsuit on the return of oil producer Bashneft’s assets to the state.
The court ruled on September 25 to arrest the Bashneft shares owned by Sistema and its subsidiary Sistema Invest.
In July, Moscow’s Basmanny Court ruled to arrest the Bashneft shares owned by Sistema as a protective measure in the case of violations committed during Bashneft’s privatization.
Sistema held a 63.16% stake in Bashneft while its subsidiary Sistema Invest possessed 10.67% as of May 14, 2014.