Militants continue disrupting peace in Aleppo — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld October 27, 8:33
Russia's UN envoy urges organization to prove Aleppo air strikes continueRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 8:02
Media reports on Russian ships call into Ceuta are controversial — embassyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 22:03
Russia’s telecom watchdog tries to block LinkedIn through courtSociety & Culture October 26, 21:29
DPR envoy reports no constructive discussion on "Steinmeier formula" in MinskWorld October 26, 21:14
Six NATO countries say ready to dispatch their forces to Black Sea areaWorld October 26, 20:43
Moscow refutes allegations about plans for Russian cruiser's call into Spanish portMilitary & Defense October 26, 20:38
US, Israel abstain from UN GA vote condemning Cuba embargoWorld October 26, 20:31
Western sanctions expected to relax gradually in 2017 — ex-finance ministerBusiness & Economy October 26, 20:25
A decision to this effect was made by the lower house’s Council, Slutsky said. Among authors of the draft statement he named the leaders of all State Duma factions, including Speaker Sergey Naryshkin.
Last week A Just Russia party adopted an address to world parliaments and international parliamentary organizations on the need to hold an international investigation of crimes against civilians in eastern Ukraine. The text of the party’s address took as a basis of the draft statement.
The document proposed to call on the UN, the OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe), the Council of Europe and the world community to conduct an objective, independent and thorough investigation into crimes against civilians in eastern Ukraine. “The Kiev authorities’ orders, executors’ actions and those who sponsor these crimes should be given a strict legal assessment,” the draft statement says.
The State Duma “repeatedly drew attention of the world community to mass violations of human rights in Ukraine”. But the Russian parliament’s calls “are still left unnoticed,” the draft statement says. “The Western countries’ political leaders refuse to see the objective picture of the events and the US and the EU... provide permanent political, financial and moral support to Kiev,” it says.
The discovered burial sites are proof of tortures, abuse, robberies and violence in the areas controlled by Ukrainian security forces, the document says. “The State Duma addresses the parliaments of the world to protect innocent victims of the Kiev policy. All participants in criminal actions against the Ukrainian people should face trial and be brought to punishment,” the draft statement says.
On September 23, reports came that Ukrainian people’s militia found mass burials in the area of mine No 22 “Kommunar” outside Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. Medical examiners made a conclusion that the bodies found in one of the graves were killed by point-blank shots in the head.
This area was previously controlled by the Ukrainian security forces and fighters of the Aidar battalion of the National Guard. The whole area will be examined. The militias say they found other graves that have not been opened up.
Russia’s Foreign Ministry believes the mass burial of civilians near Donetsk is a military crime that could have been committed by Ukraine’s National Guard, and insists on an urgent and comprehensive international probe into the case. Kiev has rejected the claims.