Foreign spy services seeking to affect social processes in Russia, Putin saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 20:36
FIFA chief Infantino to attend Chile-Portugal 2017 Confederations Cup semis match in KazanSport June 28, 20:27
Lavrov expects US to refrain from creating pretexts for new attacks on SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 20:09
Top diplomat says Germany willing to open new chapter in relations with RussiaWorld June 28, 19:28
Russia open for cooperation with Germany in war on terror, Lavrov saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 19:22
Baltic Fleet’s fighter jets hold air combat drills in Russia’s westernmost regionMilitary & Defense June 28, 18:57
Russian telecom watchdog to include Telegram in registerBusiness & Economy June 28, 18:51
Skolkovo Foundation proactively cooperating with China — IT projects directorBusiness & Economy June 28, 18:41
Preliminary design for fifth-generation non-nuclear submarine completedMilitary & Defense June 28, 18:13
“The next expedition (to Barneo station in the Arctic) will be international. Two special operation force groups of the Belarusian army have been invited to take part in it,” he said. According to the VDV commander, a training centre for ground troops, marines and paratroopers will be built in the area of the polar city of Pechenga in the northwest of Russia. However, he said, no permanent deployment of Russia’s Airborne Troops in the Arctic was planned.
“At this stage, we will act relying on the existing national defense network.” “We don’t plan permanent deployment there yet,” Shamanov said, adding that the air defense and naval systems were being restored in the Arctic, “and we will act in our traditional way, including air dropping.”
He said the paratroopers were 80% satisfied with the equipment and outfits for Arctic operations. “We are generally - 80% satisfied with the equipment for actions at large distances from base camps, provided by the army logistics services, and the remaining 20% - footwear, heating appliances, food warming devices need improvement,” he said.