Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Navalny refuses direct answer about election, his HQ confirms he continues campaign

July 20, 2013, 11:09 UTC+3
Leonid Volkov said also that the headquarters did not plan to organise any protests soon
1 pages in this article
Photo EPA/ITAR-TASS

Photo EPA/ITAR-TASS

MOSCOW, July 20 (Itar-Tass) - A candidate for Moscow’s mayor Alexei Navalny, on arrival in Moscow, did not give a direct answer to the question about his participation in the election, and only called on his allies for an active election campaign.

However, “having an active election campaign” was Navalny’s promise regardless Kirov’s court decision.

“We run the election campaign for the voters, not for election commissions,” he said.

Head of Navalny’s election headquarters Leonid Volkov told Itar-Tass on Saturday “we are not considering revoking the candidature.”

“Our objective is to make an active election campaign.” Volkov confirmed the headquarters had consultations with Navalny on revoking the candidature. Earlier, the oppositionist told reporters in Kirov that he would make a final decision on participation in the election after he had consultations with the headquarters.

Leonid Volkov said also that the headquarters did not plan to organise any protests soon. For example, he said he had not been cooperating with the recently organised Committee of Protests, which had been founded by some organisers of Moscow’s mass rallies. Speaking about cooperation with the opposition’s Coordinating Council, Volkov said Navalny was a member of the council.

On Saturday, the opposition’s Coordinating Council will have its meeting at noon. It is not clear yet, whether Navalny will participate in it. Volkov did not rule out Navalny may miss the meeting.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама