Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Kremlin receives no official charges against FSB over Yahoo hacking attack

March 17, 14:26 UTC+3 MOSCOW

"We have not received any official information at all so far," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said

Share
1 pages in this article
© EPA/RITCHIE B. TONGO

MOSCOW, March 17. /TASS/. The Kremlin has not received any official notices about accusations brought against operatives of the Federal Security Service (FSB) for their alleged role in organizing hacker attacks on the Yahoo search engine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Friday.

"I do not know about any statements by the US Justice Department with accusations against a particular body of Russian federal executive authority," Peskov said.

"There are no statements that would contain accusations against the FSB. We have not received any official information at all so far," the spokesman said.

In the legal field, from the viewpoint of international investigative measures, "it is hardly possible to do things by way of exchanging public statements" as certain international procedures exist, the Kremlin spokesman said.

The US authorities have brought charges against Russian nationals for their alleged hacker attack on the Yahoo web portal in 2014 to steal data on 500 million Yahoo accounts. US Justice Department senior officials, including acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security Mary McCord, announced these accusations at a press conference on Friday.

According to the US officials, the charges were brought against two FSB operatives and two hackers they had cooperated with. The US authorities have announced that one of these persons, Karim Baratov, was arrested in Canada on Tuesday.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Partner News
Реклама