Moscow police say 250 people take part in protest rallyWorld April 29, 16:29
Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts say Russian hackers strongly demonized in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
Pope Francis blesses pregnant TASS correspondent en route to EgyptWorld April 28, 18:55
Russian diplomat says use of military force against North Korean unacceptable, dangerousRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:45
UN chief calls for lowering risk of miscalculation concerning North Korea issueWorld April 28, 18:15
Moscow deeply regrets Montenegro’s decision to join NATORussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:07
MOSCOW, March 7./TASS/. The Russian Investigative Committee has identified commander of the Ukrainian unit involved in the shelling of Lugansk region settlements with the use of Tochka-U missile systems.
"One of the incidents that was fixed was when a Tochka-U had been used against the township of Rovenki in 2014," IC spokesperson Svetlana Petrenko said on Tuesday.
The Investigative Committee has pinpointed the officer ordering a missile attack as commander of the 19th separate missile brigade of the Ukrainian armed forces, Colonel Fedor Yaroshevich. "Investigators believe that it was this individual who gave orders on August 22, 2014, to deliver a tactical missile strike on the township of Rovenki, as a result of which three people were killed, including a child born in 2008," the spokesperson said.
She said investigators had evidence of the use of Tochka-U tactical missile systems by Kiev’s troops against civilians of the eastern Lugansk region in 2014-2015.
Efforts are underway to finger others involved in such war crimes.
Russia’s Investigative Committee has launched a criminal case over the new shellings of Donetsk by the Ukrainian military. According to the committee spokesperson, "today, a criminal case was launched under Article 356 of the Russian Criminal Code (the use of banned means and methods of warfare) based on the numerous cases of shelling of residential dwellings in the city of Donetsk between February 27 and March 2, 2017."
These attacks left two civilians wounded and damaged more than ten residential dwellings, Petrenko added.