MOSCOW, December 19. /TASS/. Moscow strongly condemns the recent terrorist attack in Jordan, the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement.
On December 18, a group of armed extremists shot at police targets in the town of Karak before heading to the Crusader-era castle where they holed up having taken hostages. According to media reports, during an operation launched by the Jordanian law enforcement agencies, the attackers were killed. However, officials said that seven members of the Jordanian security services as well as two local civilians and a female Canadian national had been killed in the atrocity and around 40 people had been wounded.
"Moscow strongly condemns the attack carried out by terrorists in Jordan, once again proving the inhuman nature of the radical militants seeking only to do evil," the Russian foreign ministry stated. "We convey our condolences to the friends and families of the victims and wish speedy recovery to the wounded. We reiterate our support of the government and people of the friendly state of Jordan in their fight against terrorism."
"This terrorist attack has once again pointed to the need to join the world community’s efforts in fighting terrorism," the statement reads.