Israeli minister lauds coordination with Russia on SyriaWorld March 27, 16:57
Putin to visit Franz Josef Land to inspect ecological situation in Russia’s ArcticBusiness & Economy March 27, 16:26
FIDE president denies media reports on his resignationRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 27, 16:05
Russian opposition figure Navalny arrested for 15 days for resisting policeRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 27, 15:32
Duma Speaker points out Russian banks in Ukraine raided with EU’s ‘tacit consent’Business & Economy March 27, 15:21
Opposition figure Navalny fined $350 for unauthorized rally in downtown MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 27, 14:36
Russian National Guard’s daily grindMilitary & Defense March 27, 14:33
Lavrov calls attempts to block Donbass ‘unacceptable’Russian Politics & Diplomacy March 27, 14:25
Government reveals how much money Gazprom and Rosneft pour into offshore explorationBusiness & Economy March 27, 14:22
MOSCOW, May 23. /TASS/. Russia is worried over today’s series of terrorist attacks in western Syria as these attacks demonstrate the fragility of the situation in the region, Russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.
"Naturally, growing tensions and such terrorist activities cannot but cause increased worries. It once again demonstrated how fragile the situation in Syria is and stresses the necessity to continue active steps towards peace process," he said.
The Kremlin spokesman however refused to answer the question whether Russia could revise its decision on reduction of its contingent in Syria following these terror attacks.
"I cannot answer this question. I can only remind that President [Vladimir] Putin said that the infrastructure of our legitimate presence in Syria at the request of Syria’s legitimate authorities implies a possibility of very flexible approach to the numerical strength of our contingent," Peskov said.
Earlier in the day, a series of terror attacks rocked Syria’s Mediterranean cities of Jableh and Tartous. According to the latest updates, the bomb blasts killed 78 people. The police however say the death toll exceeds one hundred.
Responsibility for these attacks was claimed by the pro-Turkish radical group Ahrar Ash-Sham and the terrorist organization Islamic State (outlawed in Russia).