ABU DHABI, April 17. /TASS/. Iran "decided not to send its representatives to the meeting in Doha," Iran's Minister of Oil Bijan Namdar Zangeneh said in a statement published on Sunday.
Iran "will not give up its historic production quota," he said.
Tehran will not agree to "any possible restrictions of its oil production quota," the Minister said. "The Doha meeting is meant for the parties planning to participate in the crude production freeze plan whereas our participation in the meeting is not obligatory as Iran will not sign a plan like this," he said.
In February after the meeting of oil ministers of Iran, Venezuela, Iraq and Qatar Bijan Namdar Zangeneh said the Iran would welcome any initiative related to stabilization of oil prices. Meanwhile at the talks Iran stuck to the position that the country had to regain the market share lost during the years of sanctions.
Also, Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak held talks in Iran on March 14 where he received an answer to the key question whether the Republic was ready to freeze crude production. Iran said it would join the initiative not earlier than its oil output reached pre-sanctions level of 4 mln barrels per day. According to the Minister, Iran was in a special situation as the sanctions imposed against it seriously slashed its crude production levels.
Iran’s officials have repeatedly claimed the country does not intend to come under restrictive measures after sanctions were lifted. The Islamic Republic plans to boost oil production from 2.8 mln barrel to 3.6 mln barrel per day compared with last year by April this year. By end-March the country planned to increase crude export to 2 mln barrel per day.