FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 bidding dismisses Western media allegations — LOC chiefSport June 27, 19:53
Kremlin says its computers not affected by hacker attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 18:55
Security experts urge Putin, Trump to overcome disagreementsWorld June 27, 18:51
Jury to deliver verdict on Nemtsov murder case on June 28Society & Culture June 27, 18:42
Syrian president visits Russia’s Khmeymim airbaseWorld June 27, 18:17
National Guard to complete assigned missions both in Russia and abroadMilitary & Defense June 27, 18:10
Key facts about St. Petersburg International Maritime Defense ShowMilitary & Defense June 27, 17:57
Rosneft, Mars and Nivea are among victims of massive cyber attack in RussiaBusiness & Economy June 27, 17:04
Russian anti-doping body working on future strategy planSport June 27, 17:01
MOSCOW, March 31. /TASS/. The North Caucasus still remains a hotbed of terrorism in Russia, First Deputy Chief of the country’s National Guard Colonel-General Sergei Melikov said in an interview with TASS.
Unfortunately, the North Caucasus republics remain a hotbed of terrorist activity in our country," he affirmed. "In 2016, National Guard servicemen eliminated 125 militants, including roughly ten leaders of outlawed armed groups. Besides, more than 300 militants’ facilities were destroyed in the North Caucasus Federal District," he added.
According to Melikov, a large number of Russian citizens were caught trying to leave the country in order to join international terror groups and take part in military activities in the Middle East.
The National Guard, marking its first anniversary on April 5, has significant experience in fighting terrorism and extremism, the general stressed. "OMON and SOBR special purpose police units of the Interior Ministry, that joined the National Guard, had been cooperating with the Interior Ministry troops for many years, so they are capable of effectively tackling these assignments," Melikov emphaszied.
According to him, all the tasks the country’s authorities and the National Counterterrorism Committee set before the National Guard in 2016 have been fully carried out.