MOSCOW, November 3. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry has posted on their official accounts in social networks the results of its own check following reports in foreign media about Russian air strikes on civilian targets in Syria.
The ministry recalled that earlier several media outlets published reports saying that Russian aircraft had delivered strikes on civilian infrastructure in Syria, in particular, on the hospital in the Syrian village of Sarmin.
"The Russian Defense Ministry has conducted a thorough check of all "facts" that determined the complete groundlessness of the published "video evidence", which allegedly confirmed that air strikes had been carried out on the hospital in Sarmin [Idlib province]," the ministry said.
The aerial photographs posted on the ministry’s Twitter and Facebook pages depict the building of the hospital in Sarmin and the surrounding buildings. The Defence Ministry noted that the pictures had been taken on October 31. "As one can see, the building, which houses the hospital, is intact. Moreover, the street itself is not damaged either - in contrast to the video footage published by Western media," the ministry said.
According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the settlements of al-Eis, al-Hader, Khan Tuman, Sarmin, Latamna and al-Zirba, where hospitals were allegedly bombed by the Russian Aerospace Forces, have no hospitals at all.