Russian Foreign Ministry: OPCW not rushing to investigate chemical incident in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 21:28
Russia’s legendary barque Kruzenshtern calls at Belgian portSociety & Culture May 25, 20:26
OPEC and non-OPEC countries to develop cooperation outside Vienna agreementBusiness & Economy May 25, 19:44
Russia squared-off with Western media blitz to smear World Cup preparationsSport May 25, 19:35
NATO seeks to continue and expand dialogue with RussiaWorld May 25, 19:01
WADA offers pole vaulter Isinbayeva post of ambassador for clean sports in Russia — sourceSport May 25, 18:57
Lavrov keeps close eye on situation with jailed Russian pilot in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 18:51
Belkomur rail project brings new opportunities to Russia’s Arctic regionsBusiness & Economy May 25, 18:46
Russia to build first helicopter carrier by 2022Military & Defense May 25, 17:41
CHISINAU, August 26 (Itar-Tass) — The Moldovan police have detained a man who said that a bomb had been planted on the Chisinau-Moscow train on Saturday morning. The alarmist turned out to be a 46-year-old train passenger who was travelling to Moldova. The man was drunk and made lots of noise, Moldova’s Interior Ministry reported.
Police searched the man and found a SIM-card and a mobile phone which he used to make his call.
“Two trains, Chisinau-Moscow and Moscow-Chisinau, were delayed at the Volochinets station near Mogilev-Podolsky after the bomb scare call. It was unclear in which of the two trains the bomb had been planted. Each train carried over 900 passengers,” Vitaly Struna, the general director of the Moldova Railways state enterprise, told journalists.
He added that the passengers had been evacuated and both locomotives with fuel tanks had been separated from the trains to avoid a possible explosion.
Sappers checked both trains but didn’t find any explosives. After that the trains continued their movement. They will now be late because of more than a three-hour delay.