Foreign spy services seeking to affect social processes in Russia, Putin saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 20:36
FIFA chief Infantino to attend Chile-Portugal 2017 Confederations Cup semis match in KazanSport June 28, 20:27
Lavrov expects US to refrain from creating pretexts for new attacks on SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 20:09
Top diplomat says Germany willing to open new chapter in relations with RussiaWorld June 28, 19:28
Russia open for cooperation with Germany in war on terror, Lavrov saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 19:22
Baltic Fleet’s fighter jets hold air combat drills in Russia’s westernmost regionMilitary & Defense June 28, 18:57
Russian telecom watchdog to include Telegram in registerBusiness & Economy June 28, 18:51
Skolkovo Foundation proactively cooperating with China — IT projects directorBusiness & Economy June 28, 18:41
Preliminary design for fifth-generation non-nuclear submarine completedMilitary & Defense June 28, 18:13
PYONGYANG, July 20 (Itar-Tass) — A spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry demanded on Friday that the United States give up its hostile policy against Pyongyang. He said that the complicity of U.S. security services to South Korea’s subversive plans targeted against the DPRK were the best manifestation of America’s hostile policy.
He recalled that the North Korean state security service had recently arrested a criminal who had intended to blow up a statue of one of the North Korean leaders.
Judging from his confessionary statements, the operation “was planned by South Korean security agents jointly with their American colleagues. The United States is pursuing this policy with an aim to undermine the unity of the people and overthrow the existing social system in North Korea,” the North Korean Foreign Ministry said.
These circumstances are forcing North Korea “to revise its approach to its nuclear program,” the North Korean diplomat said. He added that it would be impossible to secure a durable and stable peace on the Korean peninsula, if the United States went ahead with its hostile policy toward Pyongyang.
Earlier this month, the North Korean Foreign Ministry said that North Korea was not planning any new nuclear tests so far.