Russia may build new fast fission nuclear reactor within 10 yearsScience & Space June 27, 9:25
Moscow theater to present Il Trovatore with audio description for visually impairedSociety & Culture June 27, 9:04
Lavrov, Tillerson discuss Syrian crisisRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 8:50
Sistema reports arrest of its stakes in MTS, Medsi, BES as part of dispute with RosneftBusiness & Economy June 26, 20:58
Russian submarine successfully test-fires Bulava intercontinental missileMilitary & Defense June 26, 19:20
Rosneft and RBC reach friendly settlement on defamation lawsuitBusiness & Economy June 26, 18:50
Number of centers issuing FAN IDs to be increased ahead of FIFA Confederations Cup FinalSport June 26, 18:33
News about anti-doping probe against Russian football team players is fake — executiveSport June 26, 18:25
Putin refers to State Duma Council of Europe convention against financing terrorismRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 26, 18:15
KIEV, April 23 (Itar-Tass) — Kiev's Pechora district court refused to drop the criminal case against former Interior Minister of Ukraine Yuri Lutsenko. It set the date for substantive hearings on March 18. The decision was made by judge Anna Medushevskaya on Monday.
Lutsenko is accused of endorsing the prolongation of the probe against former deputy head of the Security Service /SBU/ Vladimir Satsyuk in the case over the poisoning of former President Viktor Yushchenko.
On September 5, 2004, Yushchenko, as presidential candidate met with the SBU officials at Satsyuk's countryside house, whereupon he felt unwell and was hospitalized to a Vienna hospital on September 10.
Doctors said Yushchenko had been poisoned with dioxine some five days before hospitalization.
Lutsenko has already been found guilty in a criminal case over crimes in office and sentenced to four years in prison and confiscation of property.
Meanwhile, reports said Lutsenko and his lawyer Alexei Baganets have appealed to the Pechora district court to drop the criminal case over illegal surveillance of Vitaly Davydenko who was Satsyuk's driver.
"There's no corpus delicti in the case. You have the only way out - close this far-fetched case," Lutsenko said at the Monday hearing.
The case against Davydenko was opened in 2007 by the then Interior Minister Vasily Tsushko and the investigation can last for 15 years. Prolonging it in 2009 was not a breach of legislation.