ST. PETERSBURG, March 2 (Itar-Tass) —— The fire, which broke out at the Harbin restaurant at a five-storey residential house in St. Petersburg, was localized, the press service of the St. Petersburg branch in the main Emergency Situation Ministry department told Itar-Tass on Friday. Eight people were injured in the fire.
“According to preliminary reports, eight people were injured in the fire and are receiving the first aid,” the press service said. “No open fire was reported at the restaurant,” he said. The fire keeps smouldering in the ceilings between the floors.
“Some 19 people were evacuated from the flats,” the press service said. Five water cannons are involved in the fire-fighting efforts.
The fire-fighting efforts continue to fight separate fire spots.
The reasons for the fire are being investigated. “The house is connected to the gas supplies, but the restaurant was not connected to gas supplies,” the press service reported. According to preliminary reports, the gas cylinder exploded at the restaurant.