Sambo wrestling should become trademark of Russian sports — security officialSport August 18, 18:38
Iran may start oil supplies to Russia within monthBusiness & Economy August 18, 18:31
Nord Stream 2 project will be implemented despite sanctions — energy ministerBusiness & Economy August 18, 18:29
One killed in stabbing in Turku, FinlandWorld August 18, 18:15
Moscow and Ankara agree upon Turkish Stream landfallBusiness & Economy August 18, 18:11
Russia may lift agricultural restrictions from Turkey by October 20Business & Economy August 18, 18:04
Senior official says Kyrgyzstan is interested in military cooperation with RussiaWorld August 18, 18:03
US, NATO fail to help Afghanistan fight drugs — Foreign MinistryRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 18, 18:01
This week in photos: Barcelona terror attack, lightning in Moscow, volcanoes in KamchatkaSociety & Culture August 18, 17:59
MOSCOW, September 25 (Itar-Tass) —— Kremlin first deputy-chief-of-staff Vladislav Surkov refused to comment accusations from billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov that he had masterminded his ouster as the leader of the Right Cause Party.
“As we are at a forum of the United Russia Party it would be strange to discuss the problems of the opposition at the expense of the ruling party. I would refrain from answering the question,” he told a media forum on Sunday where he was asked to comment Prokhorov’s “wire-puller” accusations.
Surkov was also asked whether Russia can develop into a parliamentary republic and responded with a resolute “no”.
“There are no radical steps in store. Moreover, (there will be) no transition to a parliamentary republic,” he said and recalled that Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and President Dmitry Medvedev have repeatedly denied such a possibility.
He said several laws had been adopted of late to streamline the political system and complicated the life of the ruling United Russia Party. He recalled the United Russia voted itself for the laws and added he believes the number of adopted laws was sufficient.