KIEV, April 18. /TASS/. Charges on complicity in mass killings in central Kiev in the winter 2014 have been lifted from the former chief of staff of Ukrainian ex-President Viktor Yanukovich, Andrei Klyuev, the Prosecutor General’s Office said on Saturday.
"No evidence has been received that Klyuev had been involved in mass killings of protesters in Kiev’s centre in January-February 2014," the Prosecutor General’s Office said.
Another criminal inquiry was launched against Klyuev on charges of hampering rallies and gatherings, which took place on Kiev’s Independence Square, known as Maidan, in late November 2013.
The criminal probe was suspended after Klyuev had been put on the wanted list, the prosecutors said.
On February 2014, Klyuev was accused of organising mass killings committed by a group of persons upon a preliminary collusion. Ukraine’s criminal code allows life imprisonment for such a felony.