Belarusian TV shows footage of detention of suspect in Ukrainian A-50 plane attack
Earlier, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said that a Ukrainian intelligence operative and his accomplices, implicated in the sabotage attack on the Russian A-50 plane, had been detained in Belarus
MINSK, March 7. /TASS/. Belarus’ Television News Agency (ATN) uploaded video footage of the apprehension of an individual suspected of involvement in the recent sabotage attack targeting a Russian A-50 early warning aircraft.
"[This is] the footage of the apprehension of the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) terrorist, who tried to carry out a terrorist attack in Machulischy. The Belarusian security agencies performed their work flawlessly," the agency said on its Telegram channel.
Earlier, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said that a Ukrainian intelligence operative and his accomplices, implicated in the sabotage attack on the Russian A-50 plane, had been detained in Belarus.
In late February, an attack on the Machulischy airbase, which resulted in significant damage to the A-50 early warning aircraft, was reported in social media. Belarus dismissed these reports as fake news, however. Later, the A-50 airplane was shown on Belarusian TV in working condition, both taking off and while in flight.