MOSCOW, March 28. /TASS/. Russia’s future spacecraft 'Federation' will be equipped with a full-size toilet cabin, well isolated from the other compartments, the chief of the flight test department at the space rocket corporation Energiya, Mark Serov, has told TASS in an interview.
"We are to create an area that guarantees true privacy, something which a curtain is unable to provide. Joking aside: comfort in space is essential. In comfortable conditions crewmembers work more effectively, and effective work is crucial to flight safety. For the toilet cabin we will use a new design concept and proper materials. Currently we are in the mock-up design and 3D modelling phase," he said.
The 'Federation' spacecraft, being designed by the space rocket corporation Energiya, is meant for delivering payloads - crews of four astronauts and supplies to orbits around the Earth and also to the Moon.
The spacecraft will be able to stay in flight on its own for up to 30 days or, if docked with an orbital station, up to one year. Heavy rockets Angara-A5B and Angara-A5P will be used to put 'Federation' in space.
- Russian scientists to test hydrogen and helium production technologies on Moon
- Russia to develop super-heavy class rocket for building station on Moon
- Roscosmos starts recruitment of cosmonauts for future lunar missions
- Russian cosmonauts to grow wheat, salad on world’s sole orbiter
- Space instagram: best photos of 2016