Claims against Roscosmos should not be projected at CEO Rogozin, Kremlin says

Science & Space April 09, 2019, 15:07

According to the Kremlin spokesman, law enforcement agencies deal with violations revealed in Roscosmos and Rostec

ST. PETERSBURG, April 9. /TASS/. Claims against the work of Roscosmos should not be projected personally at its Director General Dmitry Rogozin, who has been in the position for less than a year, Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, commenting on the violations found recently in Roscosmos operations.

"This is probably not entirely correct to speak of claims against Rogozin personally, because in general such reviews of corporate operations retrospectively cover a rather long period, and Rogozin heads this organization for less than a year," he noted.

According to Peskov, law enforcement agencies deal with violations revealed in Roscosmos and Rostec. He noted that in general work of such large strategic corporations is under special control.

Rostec said earlier that security services of the company and its subsidiaries in 2018 helped prevent damage from illegal actions in the amount of 3.4 bln rubles ($52.56 mln). "In 2018, security services of Rostec and its subsidiaries helped prevent damage in the amount of 3.4 bln rubles ($52.56 mln). In addition, they managed to achieve asset recovery and damages totaling 975 mln rubles ($15.07 mln)," the statement said.

It was reported earlier that security service of Russian state-owned corporation Rostec cooperated with the Prosecutor General's Office in identifying theft in the company.

"We are talking about the facts revealed at the enterprises in cooperation with the security services of Rostec and holdings. There are many cases when find the violator we ourselves, we initiate checks. Only in 2018 more than 250 criminal cases were initiated," the company’s press service said.

The press service noted that "very close contact and effective interaction" have been established with law enforcement agencies and the supervisory authority.

Earlier, official representative of Roscosmos Vladimir Ustimenko told reporters that the state corporation had taken all the necessary measures following the results of an inspection of its activities by the Prosecutor General’s Office back in 2018.

Read more on the site →