Russian embassy protests to Moldova over incident outside diplomatic mission
The embassy pointed out that the building of the embassy had been damaged in the incident
CHISINAU, October 9. /TASS/. Russia’s embassy in Chisinau has sent a note of protest to the Moldovan authorities following the Friday incident, when a man hurled some firecrackers into the yard of the diplomatic mission, the embassy said in a statement published on its Telegram channel on Saturday.
"The embassy expects that the hostile act will receive an appropriate procedural assessment and will not occur again in the future, and the perpetrators will be held accountable. A note of protest has been sent to Moldova," the statement said.
The embassy pointed out that the building of the embassy had been damaged in the incident.
The diplomats pointed out that on Friday "with the connivance of the [Moldovan] authorities the Russian diplomatic mission was attacked," as firecrackers were fired at the building, an unauthorized attempt was made to enter the embassy compound, and insulting signs were sprayed on the embassy’s fence.
None of the embassy staff or their family members were injured. However, the building was damaged in the attack, the embassy added.
The Chisinau police told TASS that a 40-year-old man was apprehended at the scene after offering resistance to police officers. He was arrested for 72 hours for hooliganism.