MOSCOW, April 6. /TASS/. The Bucha provocation is another crime by the Ukrainian authorities, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said at a briefing on Wednesday.
"On April 3, the world witnessed another crime by the Ukrainian authorities, this time in the town of Bucha, where a criminal false flag operation [showing] the alleged killing of civilians by Russian troops had been staged," she said.
Zakharova emphasized that when Bucha was controlled by the Russian Armed Forces, not a single local resident was affected by acts of violence.
"There was no such information and there is not," the diplomat stressed.
On April 3, the Russian Defense Ministry refuted the Kiev regime’s accusations of an alleged massacre of civilians in Bucha. The military agency said that the Russian Armed Forces had left Bucha on March 30, while "the evidence of crimes" emerged only four days later, after Ukrainian Security Service officers had entered the town. The ministry stressed that on March 31, the town’s Mayor Anatoly Fedoruk confirmed in a video address that there were no Russian troops in Bucha. However, he did not say a word about the civilians shot dead in the street with their hands tied behind their backs. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov castigated the episode in Bucha as a "fake attack.".