Two killed, five wounded as drone fragments hit passenger bus in Crimea
Three of the injured are in critical, and the remaining two - in moderately severe condition
SEVASTOPOL, August 22. /TASS/. Fragments of a downed drone have hit a passenger bus in Sevastopol, killing two people and wounding five, governor Mikhail Razvozhayev wrote on Telegram.
"Our air defense forces and mobile fire teams continue to repel the Ukrainian attack on Sevastopol. Unfortunately, deaths and injuries have already been reported," he said. "Fragments of a downed drone hit a passenger bus."
"As a result, the bus caught fire," he continued. "According to preliminary information, two people have been killed and five sustained wounds and burns."
Three of the injured are in critical, and the remaining two - in moderately severe condition, the governor said.
"Rescuers and doctors are working at the scene. The wounded are receiving medical care," the governor said.
Later, the official announced that the attack had been repelled.
"Our military, air crews and mobile fire teams have repelled the latest large-scale attack on Sevastopol. According to the rescue service, 16 enemy drones were downed over the city and off its coast," Razvozhayev said in another statement.
He confirmed the deaths of a young man and a woman, saying that the drone, whose fragments hit the bus, was packed with shrapnel.
In all, ten people were wounded during the attack, including a 16-year-old teenager, Razvozhayev continued.
Also, the governor refuted rumors that a school in Sevastopol was attacked by a drone. In his words, several windows of the school building were shattered there when a downed drone fell in the backyard.