Putin discusses Russia’s economy growth with ministersBusiness & Economy September 24, 2:38
Lavrov warns against partition of SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 23, 0:00
Lavrov calls to coordinate Russian, US military action in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 21:05
Lavrov blames Obama administration for souring Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 20:41
Waging war on Korean Peninsula inadmissible, says LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 20:36
Russian Northern Fleet completes drills in ArcticMilitary & Defense September 22, 18:01
OPEC and non-OPEC countries to continue talks on oil production cut dealBusiness & Economy September 22, 17:28
Russian pair figure skaters Kavaguti, Smirnov retire from sportSport September 22, 16:48
Record number of delegations register for St. Petersburg-hosted IPU AssemblyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 16:47
MOSCOW, May 24. /TASS/. The causes of the Tupolev-154 passenger liner’s crash near the Black Sea resort of Sochi late last year will be made public soon, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu told the Federation Council (upper house of the Russian parliament) on Wednesday.
"Of course, it is important to know [what caused the disaster]. Just several weeks ago we completed on-site work in the sea and on the seabed to recover all crucial fragments. There is 99% certainty that we have the final explanation of the causes of that crash. The remaining 1% will be required to be absolutely certain and absolutely honest to all. I believe that we will have the latest data soon and disclose the final version," Shoigu said.
A Tu-154 passenger jet of the Russian Defense Ministry crashed in the early hours of December 25, 2016 seconds after leaving the seaside Adler airport. There were 92 people on board - military officers, journalists, human rights activist, head of the Fair Aid foundation Yelizaveta Glinka and a group of performing artists from the Russian army’s Aleksandrov song and dance company, who were on the way to Syria with New Year greetings to the personnel of Russia’s airbase Hmeymim.
There were no survivors.