Mexico knocks out Russia from FIFA Confederations Cup with 2-1 win in KazanSport June 24, 19:59
Putin visits Crimean youth camp ArtekSociety & Culture June 24, 19:42
Conflict around Qatar should be settled by diplomatic means - source at Foreign MinistryRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 24, 16:44
More than 237,000 fans attend Confederations Cup matches already - Deputy PM MutkoSport June 24, 15:03
Sistema's president hopes for dialogue with Rosneft on settlement agreementBusiness & Economy June 24, 14:56
CNN deletes article about meeting between Scaramucci and Russian Direct Investment FundWorld June 24, 13:12
Ukrainian Army units shell Donetsk Republic in first hours of newceasefireWorld June 24, 5:19
Politician says Russia vs Mexico football game will be interesting to watchSport June 23, 21:11
Kyrgyz president sees revival of relations with Russia as major result of his tenureWorld June 23, 20:49
WASHINGTON, April 7. /TASS/. US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson claims that Russia has failed to meet its commitments under the 2013 deal on destroying Syrian chemical weapons.
"Clearly Russia has failed to deliver on that commitment from 2013," Tillerson told reporters in Florida. "So either Russia has been complicit or Russia has been incompetent in its ability to deliver."
Damascus agreed to pass its chemical weapons to the international community for subsequent destruction in 2013 in the framework of a deal struck between Moscow and Washington. The deal was confirmed by the UN Security Council’s resolution, which warned that in case anyone uses chemical weapons in Syria, measures will be taken, including sanctions and use of military force.
The NBC TV channel reported earlier that the US military fired at least 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a military base of the Syrian government forces in Homs governorate in western Syria. The Tomahawk cruise missiles were intended for a single target - the Shayrat Airfield from which the US intelligence believes the alleged April 4 chemical attack had been carried out.
Later, US President Donald Trump confirmed that he gave an order to deliver the strike.