Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
PAK FA offers practically unlimited opportunities to pilot - commanderMilitary & Defense July 22, 11:29
Ukraine's National Broadcasting Board issues fine to Public Radio for 0% Urkainian songsWorld July 22, 5:39
Femen movement activists faces 5 years in jail for trying to frustrate summit meetingWorld July 22, 4:38
Russian Deputy PM dismisses allegations he will arrive in Moldova on warplaneRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 22, 2:46
Russian top diplomat shares his impressions from meeting with US leaderRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 21, 20:31
Lavrov bewildered US special services give no facts of Russia’s meddling in US electionRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 21, 19:46
LUGANSK, April 1. /TASS/. The Ukrainian armed forces have violated the ceasefire agreed on by members of the Contact Group. According to the people’s militia of the self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR), the Ukrainian military shelled the area close to the village of Kalinovka.
"The first attack recorded on April 1 occurred at 1.20am, with the Ukrainian military shelling the area close to the village of Kalinovka," the Luganskinformtsentr news agency quotes a source the LPR people’s militia as saying.
Meanwhile, the LPR Defense Ministry reported that the ceasefire had been violated 14 times over the past 24 hours. "The Ukrainian army shelled districts of Pervomaisk, urban-type settlements of Slavyanoserbsk, Frunze and Donetsky, the villages of Kalinovo, Kalinovka, Lozovoye, Logvinovo, Sokoloniki and Annovka using 122mm artillery pieces, 120mm and 82mm mortars, infantry combat vehicles, air defense systems, tripod-mounted man-portable antitank guns, automatic grenade launchers and small arms," the ministry said.
Members of the Contact Group on the settlement in eastern Ukraine have said more than ten times since the autumn of 2014 that an agreement had been reached on the cessation of hostilities in the region. However, the ceasefire was disrupted on numerous occasions, with the parties to the conflict accusing each other of violating the truce. At a meeting on March 29, the parties once again agreed on a ceasefire in the Donbass region as of April 1. They also discussed disengagement of manpower and materiel near Stanitsa Luganskaya, which was on the list of the first three security zones. Another attempt to set it up is to be made on April 6.