Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

UK police confirm at least 50 injured in Westminster attack, two more suspects arrested

March 24, 14:31 UTC+3 LONDON

British police have made two more arrests following the attack

Share
1 pages in this article
© AP Photo/Matt Dunham

LONDON, March 24. /TASS/. At least 50 people were injured in the Westminster terrorist attacks, with nationals from twelve countries among them, said Mark Rowley, the Assistant Commissioner for Specialist Operations in the Metropolitan Police Service.

"… two people remain in hospital in what is described as a critical condition, and one person is considered to have life threatening injuries," Rowley said in a statement given outside New Scotland Yard on Friday.

"Two of our officers who were injured on Westminster Bridge in the attack also remain in hospital and also have sustained significant injuries," he added. "At least 50 people were injured with 31 requiring hospital treatment as the attack unfolded and those affected include a real cross section of ages and from at least 12 nationalities."

British police have made two more arrests on suspicion of involvement in the act of terror.

"To that end in our continuing investigation and ongoing covert activity we have made two further significant arrests overnight," he said. "Nine people remain in our custody and one woman has been released on bail."

Earlier, eight arrests had been reported in the counterterrorism operation across the UK. Three suspects were arrested in Birmingham.

On March 22, a terrorist drove his car into pedestrians and three police officers on London’s Westminster Bridge. Afterwards, he left the car and ran into the premises of Parliament, trying to enter the building armed with a knife. He stabbed an unarmed police officer, who later died from the wounds in hospital. Later, police shot the attacker dead. Four died in the attack and about fifty more were injured. The Metropolitan Police said the incident was a terrorist attack.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Реклама