Currency converter
^
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

A total of 20,000 people evacuated from eastern Aleppo, Turkish top diplomat says

December 19, 2016, 16:58 UTC+3 ANKARA
"We continue taking efforts," Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu wrote on his Twitter page
Share
1 pages in this article

ANKARA, December 19. /TASS/. A total of 20,000 people have been evacuated from eastern Aleppo by now, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu wrote on his Twitter page on Monday.

"Together with the last evacuated persons, the number of people brought out of eastern Aleppo into the districts controlled by the [Syrian] opposition equaled about 20,000. We continue taking efforts," he wrote.

Cavusoglu said on his Twitter page earlier on Monday that "from the last night to now, 4,500 people have been evacuated from eastern Aleppo. Overall, 12,000 civilians were brought to the districts controlled by the opposition."

Under the accords reached earlier, the withdrawal of the remaining armed groupings from Aleppo is taking place along with the evacuation of residents hurt in the fighting and wounded people’s militia towards the city of Idlib. The Syrian authorities have guaranteed security for all members of armed formations who have decided to leave the city.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Реклама