SINGAPORE, November 16. /TASS/. The search team of Australia, China and Malaysia may suspend the search of flight MH370 that went missing in the southern Indian Ocean more than two years ago, Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said.
The Star newspaper quoted Liow as saying that the search will be suspended if the current operation, which covers an area of 120,000 square kilometers and is scheduled for completion early next year, fails to produce any result.
"We will not stop, but we will temporarily postpone the search for the aircraft until we find new leads," the minister said. The plane with 239 people on board was bound for Beijing when it vanished from radar screens shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur overnight on March 8, 2014. No trace of the plane was found during extensive search in the Indian Ocean so far.