Lavrov: China, ASEAN interested in organization of Eurasian partnershipRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 28, 11:45
MC-21 airliner makes first test flight - sourceBusiness & Economy May 28, 11:00
Putin sends greeting to Border Guard on their professional holidayMilitary & Defense May 28, 10:57
Ukrianian court puts on hold lawsuit against ban on Russian social networksWorld May 28, 6:10
Russia’s Lasitskene wins high jump in Diamond League event in Eugene, USSport May 28, 4:59
Havana Airport gets Russian-made air traffic control systemsWorld May 28, 4:16
Guests of FIFA 2018 World Cup sure to get warm welcome in Russia — LavrovSport May 28, 2:25
Kantemir Balagov’s "Closeness" gets Cannes Festival’s International Critics’ PrizeSociety & Culture May 28, 1:03
Anti-church laws in Ukraine may cause religious strife — Ukrainian Orthodox ChurchWorld May 28, 0:22
SINGAPORE, November 16. /TASS/. The names of those responsible for flight MH17 crash in Ukraine will be known no later than in 2018, Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai was quoted as saying by The Star newspaper Wednesday.
The minister said the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), comprising Australia, Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands and Ukraine had identified 100 individuals linked to the tragedy.
"They have to call every one of them to investigate all the details," he said. "When we have identified who shot the aircraft, we will do everything in our power to get the court in Netherlands to prosecute those responsible."
A passenger Boeing-777 jet of the Malaysian Airlines (Flight MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala-Lumpur) was shot down above the eastern Donetsk Region on July 17, 2014. All 283 passengers and 15 crew - citizens of ten countries - died in the disaster.
The Ukrainian authorities and forces of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic have repeatedly accused each other of downing the plane.
On July 21, 2014, the UN Security Council demanded a full and independent investigation. Russia’s representatives have repeatedly objected to the manner of the investigation and pointed to the data provided by Russia being neglected.
Last year, the Russian manufacturer of the BUK missile, Almaz-Antey, submitted evidence that the missile could have flown only from the settlement of Zaroshchenskoye that was controlled by the Ukrainian army at the time of the tragedy.