Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Kiev says it refused to pull back troops in Stanitsa Luganskaya due to ongoing shelling

November 03, 2016, 1:14 UTC+3 KIEV

On September 21, in Minsk, members of the Contact Group signed a framework agreement on the disengagement of the armed forces in three pilot areas of Donbass

Share
1 pages in this article
© Mikhail Sokolov/TASS

KIEV, November 2. /TASS/. The Ukrainian Armed Forces refused to withdraw manpower and materiel in the Stanitsa Luganskaya area because of the ongoing shelling, Viktor Shubets, a spokesman for the Donbass military operation press center, told TASS on Wednesday.

He noted citing a decision of the Contact Group that seven days of truce are needed to pull back troops. "The withdrawal will be possible when there are seven days of peace and lull," Shubets said, adding that "today it is impossible."

According to Shubets, shellings by the militias had been recorded. He noted though that "there were no shelling today" expressing the hope that the disengagement of forces will take place soon.

Vladislav Deinego, envoy of the self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) at the Contact Group talks, said earlier on Wednesday that there had been no ceasefire violations in Stanista Luganskaya by the people’s militia, while Kiev once again torpedoed the disengagement process in the area.

On September 21, in Minsk, members of the Contact Group signed a framework agreement on the disengagement of the armed forces in three pilot areas of Donbass. The document stipulates the course for disengagement near the Petrovskoye (DPR), Stanitsa Luganskaya settlements (LPR) and the town of Zolotoye (LPR). The disengagement process has been completed in the Petrovskoye and Zolotoye areas, the process near Stanitsa Luganskaya has been repeatedly disrupted.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Реклама