Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russian Foreign Ministry: Pictures of attacked school in Idlib are 'computer graphics'

October 28, 2016, 21:21 UTC+3

An expert analysis of the photos of the Haas village in Syria revealed that there had been no air strike at the local school and that there had been no casualties, says Maria Zakharova

Share
1 pages in this article
©  EPA/ABED KONTAR

MOSCOW, October 28 /TASS/. The photos of an attacked school in Haas village, the Idlib province, have turned out to be computer graphics, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova wrote on her page in Facebook on Friday.

"An expert analysis of the photos of the Haas village in Syria revealed that there had been no air strike at the local school and that there had been no casualties. The photos are the products of computer graphics, and the killed schoolchildren are a horrible fantasy of ‘activists’ from Al-Jazeera and The Independent," Zakharova stressed.

Zakharova recalled what French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault had told a news conference a day earlier on Thursday. He said that either Moscow or Damascus were to blame for the school attack in the Hass village in Idlib province. "Who is responsible? Anyway, it is not the Syrian opposition because it does not have the planes necessary for delivering air strikes. It is either the Syrians - the Syrian president’s regime or the Russians," the Russian diplomat quoted Ayrault as saying.

"Decent people usually present their apologies in such cases. So we will see," Zakharova stressed.

Earlier the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) reported two new school attacks in Syria, including in Idlib province, where 28 people died. UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake said that five schools had been attacked in Syria less than in three weeks.

Vitaly Churkin, Russia’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, described the school attack in Haas village as horrible while Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said Russia had nothing to do with the incident.

Video footage of an alleged airstrike published in foreign media is doctored up, it is more than ten separate fragments assembled together, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Thursday.

To check information of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the Russian Defense Ministry has thoroughly analyzed all data recorders monitoring the air situation in the northern part of Syria.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Partner News
Реклама