DONETSK, September 14. /TASS/. The number of civilians wounded during the artillery bombardment of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic by the Ukrainian army last night has grown to four, the press service of the Donetsk city administration said on Wednesday.
"According to updated information, the night shelling left four people wounded, two were hospitalized, one of them was severely injured," the Donetsk News Agency quotes the press service as saying.
DPR officials also reported that the artillery bombardment damaged 15 buildings, including a school. About 190 people remain without electricity and gas. "The night shelling damaged a gas pipeline, while five cases of damage to power lines were recorded. At the moment, 90 people remain without gas and 100 without electricity," the press service said.
A DPR law enforcement source earlier said that two residents of the city of Makeevka had been wounded after shells fired from the Ukrainian side exploded. According to preliminary information, the Ukrainian army used 122mm artillery pieces. In accordance with the Minsk agreements, such weapons were to be withdrawn to a considerable distance from the line of contact. Russia’s representatives at the Joint Center for Ceasefire Control and Coordination (JCCC) have launched an investigation into the Makeevka shelling.
Members of the Contact Group on the settlement in eastern Ukraine agreed at an August 26 meeting in Minsk on an indefinite ceasefire on the line of contact in Donbass as of September 1, the ninth one since the autumn 2014 agreement.