About 3,000 troops to take part in missile force’s drills in central RussiaMilitary & Defense March 27, 20:55
Russian footballers must ‘force own game’ on Belgium in Sochi friendly match — coachSport March 27, 20:34
UN denies rumors of Staffan de Mistura’s resignationWorld March 27, 20:16
Prominent Russian lawyer vows to look into detention of journalists during Moscow ralliesRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 27, 20:05
Kremlin says world chess tournaments should go as planned despite FIDE’s presidential rowSport March 27, 19:32
Ukrainian politician says Kiev turns deaf ear to public pleas to end Donbass blockadeWorld March 27, 19:17
Serbia to get Russian MiG-29 fighter jets 'within weeks'Military & Defense March 27, 18:51
Putin wants Russian Guard to ensure security at FIFA World CupSport March 27, 18:35
Russia's Novatek to invest almost $417 million in shipyard for Arctic projectsBusiness & Economy March 27, 18:34
PYONGYANG, September 11. /TASS/. North Korean authorities have called on the population to actively participate in operations on restoring infrastructure in cities that suffered from hurricanes and torrential rains in the north of the country.
The Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea said in a statement published on Sunday that "this is was the most devastating natural disaster since the liberation of Korea in 1945." Tens of thousands of residential houses and civil facilities were destroyed in floods in the northern part of the country, particularly in the North Hamgyong province. Transport and energy infrastructure suffered as well, along with industrial enterprises and agricultural areas.
In this regard, the Workers’ Party of Korea is taking emergency measures together with different ministries and agencies to provide assistance to residents of the flooded areas. Construction brigades were sent to the disaster-stricken areas, they participated in the construction of multi-story residential quarters in Pyongyang. The Korean People’s Army was also involved in disaster relief efforts.
The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported earlier that at least 60 people were killed in floods in the North Hamgyong province, and 25 more people are missing. Over 44,000 people were evacuated from the area where the Tumangan River burst its banks following heavy rains from August 29 to September 2.
International humanitarian organizations in Pyongyang are also assisting North Korean authorities in disaster relief. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are delivering blankets, food preparation supplies, tents, sanitary packages to residents of flooded areas.