BISHKEK, August 30. /TASS/. Kyrgyzstan’s government is due to hold a meeting on Tuesday to discuss security measures after an attack on the Chinese embassy in Bishkek carried out by a suicide bomber, the press service of the cabinet of ministers said.
The meeting will be attended by Deputy Prime Minister Zenish Razakov, as well as the heads of the country’s General Staff, the State National Security Committee, the Interior Ministry, the Emergencies Ministry and the State Border Service.
"Razakov will discuss with the representatives of the security bloc the public security issues amid today’s terrorist attack on the territory of the Chinese embassy in the republic," the statement said.
At around 10:00 a.m. local time (0400GMT) on Tuesday an unidentified individual driving a Mitsubishi attempted to ram into the gates of the embassy, shortly afterwards an explosion occurred. According to preliminary data, an explosive device had been planted in the car. The driver of the vehicle died instantly. Three Kyrgyz citizens who were on the embassy’s premises were wounded. No Chinese diplomats were hurt.
No terrorist groups have claimed responsibility for the attack, China’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying said.