Experts to search for lost Progress spacecraft’s fragments in SiberiaScience & Space December 06, 23:57
Russian opera prima donna nominated for Grammy 2017 awardSociety & Culture December 06, 23:46
Russian pediatrician wounded in Aleppo flown to MoscowWorld December 06, 23:35
Putin looks forward to overcoming negative trends in turnover with TurkeyBusiness & Economy December 06, 21:20
Red Cross to continue humanitarian operations in Aleppo — spokespersonWorld December 06, 21:09
Russia proposes UN to be venue for discussing world’s controversial anti-doping systemSport December 06, 21:04
Dialogue on Germany’s initiative for armed control depends on NATO — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 06, 20:57
Mikhail Saakashvili says he seeks to change Ukraine’s political classWorld December 06, 20:46
Defense minister promises 2017 World Military Games in Sochi to be held 'at highest level'Military & Defense December 06, 20:37
BAKU, August 22. /TASS/. The Armenian Armed Forces have "10 time violated the ceasefire regime at different front sectors in the Karabakh conflict zone, using, among other weapons, heavy machine guns" over the past 24 hours, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said in a statement on Monday.
According to the ministry, "the Azerbaijani army positions came under fire from Armenian territory, as well as from the positions in the adjacent to Nagorno-Karabakh areas," controlled by the Armenian side.
The situation along the line of engagement in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone deteriorated dramatically overnight to April 2 when fierce clashes began. The parties to the conflict accused each other of violating the truce.
On April 5, Azerbaijan’s Chief of Staff Nadjmeddin Sadykov and his Armenian counterpart Yury Khachaturov met in Moscow with Russia’s mediation. At the talks the sides came to an agreement on cessation of hostilities at the line of engagement between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces. On the same day, the two countries’ defense ministries announced that the ceasefire regime in Nagorno-Karabakh would start at 12am local time. Since then, the parties to the conflict have been accusing each other of violating the ceasefire agreement.
The participants of talks on Nagorno-Karabakh in Vienna on May 16 involving the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia and mediated by the foreign ministers from the OSCE Minsk Group co-chair countries agreed to observe ceasefire in the region in compliance with the 1994-1995 accords. The parties to the conflict also agreed to complete as soon as possible the work on an OSCE tool on investigating incidents on the contact line.
In a trilateral statement adopted on June 20 following a summit of Russian Armenian and Azerbaijani presidents in St. Petersburg, the sides confirmed their commitment to the normalization of the situation along the engagement line in Nagorno-Karabakh.