Opposition leader Vladimir Neklyayev detained in Belarus - news agency directorWorld March 25, 5:33
Russia submits amicus curiae brief to US Supreme CourtRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:34
Russia, China suggest for UN SC to adopt resolution on chemical terrorism threatRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:23
Russian lawmaker compares European Union to Soviet UnionRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:16
Russian emergencies ministry says fire at Kazan’s gunpowder factory fully extinguishedWorld March 25, 3:01
Relations btw US, Russia worst over half-century - Lukin quoting KissingerRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 2:58
Russia suggests setting up international coalition for demining operations in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 1:08
One person dies in fire at gunpowder factory in Russia's KazanWorld March 24, 21:47
Russia's 'Gentlefan' baton passed on to Krasnodar ahead of Cote d’Ivoire friendlySport March 24, 21:34
DONETSK, August 21. /TASS/. A civilian in Donetsk was injured in the night shelling from positions of the Ukrainian military, two houses burned down, another two are damaged, head of the city’s Petrov district Maxim Zhukovsky said on Sunday.
"In the evening (on Saturday), at 22:40, a sniper injured a civilian, who was taken to hospital," the Donetsk News Agency quoted the official.
He said, the sniper was watching windows and opened fire as he could see somebody in the window. The official also said during the past night the military damaged two houses as they used mortars.
A source at the republic’s defense authorities said another two houses burned down in the Alexandrovka settlement, which is close to the line of engagement. "The military used 120mm mortars, and by the morning they added tanks to fire."
Earlier on Sunday, the DPR military said the Ukrainian armed forces on Saturday and Sunday launched 184 shells and mines on the republic’s territory.
Members of the Contact Group for the settlement of the situation in the east of Ukraine at a meeting in Minsk on April 29 agreed on a complete ceasefire in Donbass starting from midnight on April 30. It is an eighth ceasefire agreement since the autumn of 2014. The sides however continue accusing each other of ceasefire violations.
Kiev’s security forces in the people’s militia responsibility zone have been repeatedly violating the truce, opening fire from mortars and tank weapons, which had to be withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements.
The Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements, known as Minsk-2, that was signed in Minsk on February 12, 2015, envisaged a ceasefire regime between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk (DPR and LPR) starting from February 15, 2015 and a subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.