Cardinal Parolin: Dialogue of Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches to help them feel unitySociety & Culture August 20, 8:27
Polina Dibrova, mother of three, wins Mrs. Russia 2017 beauty pageantSociety & Culture August 20, 4:41
Russian emergencies ministry plane returns from firefighting mission in ArmeniaWorld August 20, 4:39
East Ukraine conflict claimed nearly 3,000 civilian lives — ICRCWorld August 20, 1:56
Renowned Russian filmmaker Andrei Konchalovsky turns 80Society & Culture August 20, 0:48
One of seven injured in Surgut stabbing spree in critical condition — authoritiesSociety & Culture August 19, 23:51
Netanyahu expects to meet with Putin in Sochi on August 23 — Israeli premier’s officeRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 19, 22:47
Surgut attacker is identified as a local resident - investigationSociety & Culture August 19, 14:09
Combat module containing neural networks may become series in Russia in 2018 — designerMilitary & Defense August 19, 10:44
BRUSSELS, August 7. /TASS/. The terrorist organization Islamic State (outlawed in Russia) has claimed responsibility for Saturday’s attack on policemen in the Belgian city of Charleroi, France Presse said on Sunday citing Amaq agency linked with Islamic State.
According to Amaq, the man who wounded two police officers by a machete was an Islamic State "soldier."
Belgium’s prosecutors said earlier on Sunday the attacker was identified as an Algerian national with previous criminal record. The man, 33, was not reported to have links with terrorists. No weapons or explosives were found in his backpack.
Two police officers were wounded by a man with a machete in Charleroi, the country’s RTFB broadcaster said on Saturday. Shouting Allahu Akhbar (God is great), the unidentified man injured two police officers with his machete in the city center. The attacker was later wounded and detained by the police, Charleroi’s police said.