Qatari former Emir Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani dies aged 84World October 23, 23:08
Russia’s health ministry plans to build vaccines plant in EcuadorBusiness & Economy October 23, 20:19
Cygnus cargo spacecraft docks to ISSScience & Space October 23, 19:44
Whereabouts of several residents of blast-destroyed house in Ryazan not yet establishedWorld October 23, 18:50
Zakharova: no cyberattack on Russian foreign ministry’s websiteRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 23, 18:29
Russian Minister of Energy: Russia, Saudi Arabia begin new stage of energy cooperationBusiness & Economy October 23, 17:32
Russia not ready to say whether it will cut oil production or freeze itBusiness & Economy October 23, 17:29
Experts probing into situation around cyberattack on Russian foreign ministry’s websiteRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 23, 17:05
Two bandits killed in special operation in Nizhny Novgorod - sourceWorld October 23, 15:15
PARIS, July 15. /TASS/. French investigators have confirmed the identity of the man behind the wheel of the truck that ploughed into hundreds of people celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, AFP news agency reported citing police sources.
Earlier reports said that police found papers inside the vehicle that identified the attacker as a 31-year old Franco-Tunisian man who lived in Nice.
According to BFM TV, the attacker’s driving license and credit card were found in the truck.
His name has not been made public so far. The man is said to be known to police due to some petty crimes, but was not previously linked to any radical groups.
At least 84 people were killed and hundreds injured as he drove the truck at full speed through the crowd who had gathered to watch the Bastille Day fireworks display over the Nice seafront.
The tragedy in Nice occurred eight months after 130 people were killed in coordinated terrorist attacks on a stadium, bars and a rock concert in Paris.