DONETSK, July 5. /TASS/. Two civilians have been injured as the Ukrainian government forces launched an artillery shelling attack on the Kuibyshev district of the city of Donetsk late on Monday evening, a source in security agencies of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) told the Donetsk News Agency on Tuesday.
"At 22:00, the Ukrainian side started shelling of the Kuibyshev district, using 122 mm caliber weapons. Two civilians, born in 1986 and 1959, were injured in the attack at 20, Stepanenko Street," the source said. "Both got multiple shrapnel wounds."
According to the source, the fire was opened from the area of the Severnoye settlement near Avdeyevka.
Also, three private houses were damaged as a result of the shelling in the city’s Kirovsky and Kuibyshevsky districts and a house in the Kominternovo settlement in the south of the republic.
The militia of the self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) earlier reported that the territory of the unrecognized republic had been shelled 16 times over the past 24 hours.
According to LPR people’s militia, Kiev forces shelled the settlements of Logvinovo, Lozovoye, Khryaschevka, Beregovoye, Kalinovka, Sokolniki, Sanzharovka and Stanitsa Luganskaya. Ukrainian forces used armored vehicles, grenade launchers and small arms.
"No one was injured," Lugansk Inform Center quoted LPR people’s militia as saying.