CNN will not get away with Syrian boy video — Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswomanWorld June 28, 3:12
WADA move shows trust in Russia’s anti-doping measures — ministerSport June 28, 1:02
US disciplinary procedure against jailed Russian businessman Bout delayed — attorneyWorld June 27, 23:16
FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 World Cup bidding proves legitimacy of its win — deputy PMSport June 27, 21:08
FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 bidding dismisses Western media allegations — LOC chiefSport June 27, 19:53
Encrypting ransomware Petya attacks computers worldwide — Kaspersky LabBusiness & Economy June 27, 19:23
Kremlin says its computers not affected by hacker attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 18:55
Security experts urge Putin, Trump to overcome disagreementsWorld June 27, 18:51
Jury to deliver verdict on Nemtsov murder case on June 28Society & Culture June 27, 18:42
YEREVAN, July 4 /TASS/. The foreign ministers of countries members of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) spoke in favor of a peaceful settlement to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in a statement adopted at a session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the CSTO member states on Monday.
"We support the agreements reached at summits devoted to the Nagorno-Karabakh problem held in Vienna on May 16 and St. Petersburg on June 20 which are aimed at prevention of escalation of tensions in the conflict zone; the stabilization of the situation and the creation of conditions for advancing the peace process," the CSTO foreign ministers said in the statement.
The ministers confirmed the need for an exclusively peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh problem. They backed up the efforts of the co-chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group, which seeks a peaceful settlement to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict on the basis of norms of international law; the United Nations charter and the provisions of the Helsinki Final Act concerning the non-use of force and a threat of using force; the territorial integrity of states; equality and the right of peoples to self-determination.
Tensions flared up on the line of contact in Nagorno-Karabakh, which separates the sides in conflict, on the night to April 2. Fierce armed clashes erupted. After that, the sides accused each other of violating the truce. On April 5, a Russia-mediated agreement to cease the military hostilities on the contact line separating the Azerbaijani and Armenian troops (in Nagorno-Karabakh) was reached. Since then, the sides have reported periodic short skirmishes near the line of contact.
The sides reconfirmed their commitment to normalize the situation on the line of contact in Nagorno-Karabakh in a trilateral statement adopted on the results of a meeting of the presidents of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan in St. Petersburg on June 20.