Privileges to certain languages in Ukraine’s education law to worsen situation — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 21:46
International balance of forces in Syria after Raqqa’s liberation unclear yet — expertMilitary & Defense October 20, 21:05
Russia to resume import of aubergines, pomegranates from Turkey since October 30Business & Economy October 20, 20:18
International station to orbit Moon at 70,000 km distance from EarthScience & Space October 20, 20:09
US indulging in lies to have UN-OPCW mission’s mandate extended — Foreign MinistryRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 19:31
This week in photos: Diplomatic kiss, Paddington's dance and French bank in flamesSociety & Culture October 20, 17:46
Scientific team unlocks secret to supercaps’ vast capacity as ‘the battery of the future’Science & Space October 20, 17:40
Russian economy’s losses from cyber threats may surge fourfold in two yearsBusiness & Economy October 20, 16:52
Nornickel to begin construction of golf field in Siberia in 2018Business & Economy October 20, 16:10
KIEV, June 24. /TASS/. Kiev hopes Britain’s decision to leave the European Union will not impact the European Union’s decisions on Ukrainian issues however integration processes are likely to slow down, Ukraine’s Deputy Prime Minister for European integration Ivanna Klimpush-Tsintsadze said on Friday.
"As for [Brexit’s impacts on] Ukraine, it is not ruled out that some processes may be somewhat slower than in case the referendum had a different outcome," she admitted.
"Ukraine respects Britain’s choice," she said. "But we are not happy about it as it might weaken the European Union from inside and it will have to focus on its internal problems to solve them."
Kiev however expects a positive decision on the visa cancellation matters. Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavel Klimkin said earlier on Friday he was confident the European Union will ultimately abandon visas for Ukrainians despite the Brexit results.
As many as 51.9% of UK citizens (17.41 million people) voted on Thursday for leaving the European Union, while 48.1% (16.14 million) were in favor of remaining part of the bloc. The referendum is of non-binding character, which means that its results can be either endorsed or turned down by parliament. Moreover, another referendum may be organized. British Prime Minister David Cameron however promised to respect the will of the British people who voted for quitting the European Union.