Sistema reports arrest of its stakes in MTS, Medsi, BES as part of dispute with RosneftBusiness & Economy June 26, 20:58
Russian submarine successfully test-fires Bulava intercontinental missileMilitary & Defense June 26, 19:20
Rosneft and RBC reach friendly settlement on defamation lawsuitBusiness & Economy June 26, 18:50
Number of centers issuing FAN IDs to be increased ahead of FIFA Confederations Cup FinalSport June 26, 18:33
News about anti-doping probe against Russian football team players is fake — executiveSport June 26, 18:25
Putin refers to State Duma Council of Europe convention against financing terrorismRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 26, 18:15
Russia to lay down 2 diesel-electric submarines for Pacific Fleet in JulyMilitary & Defense June 26, 18:07
Russia’s Khramtsov wins first gold at 2017 World Taekwondo ChampionshipsSport June 26, 18:03
Russian Navy to get four frigates by 2020Military & Defense June 26, 17:41
MOSCOW, June 18. /TASS/. Electricity lines were damaged in Donetsk during the night shelling from positions of the Ukrainian military, head of the Petrov district administration Maxim Zhukovsky said on Saturday.
"After the night shelling, 94 houses remain without electricity, as the power station and the line were damaged along the Olkhovskaya Street," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him.
Earlier on Saturday, the republic’s defense authorities reported two houses were damaged in the night shelling.
On April 29, the Contact Group for a settlement in eastern Ukraine agreed yet another full ceasefire in Donbass starting from the midnight of April 30. It is an eighth ceasefire agreement since the autumn of 2014. The sides however continue accusing each other of ceasefire violations.
The Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements, known as Minsk-2, that was signed in Minsk on February 12, 2015, envisaged a ceasefire regime between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk (DPR and LPR) starting from February 15, 2015 and a subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.
On Friday, Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration of Ukraine Konstantin Yeliseev told a press conference in Kiev advisors to the leaders of the "Normandy Quartet" agreed at the meeting in Minsk on June 15-16 to prepare a new summit in the "Normandy format" (Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany) on peaceful settlement of the Ukrainian conflict.