HMEYMIM (Syria), June 9. /TASS/. Militants from Jabhat al-Nusra grouping continue shelling populated settlements in the province of Aleppo and districts of the city of the same name for many hours, a spokesman for the Russian Center for the Syrian Ceasefire said on Thursday.
The militants are delivering fire from mortars and multiple launch rocket systems, the spokesman said.
"Bombardments of neighborhoods are becoming frequent and last several hours. The gunmen are sparing no ammunition and delivering strikes both against the positions of government troops and residential quarters," the spokesman said.
The Russian Center for the Reconciliation of the Warring Sides in Syria reported earlier that Jabhat al-Nusra’s artillery fire killed over 15 people in the province of Aleppo.
Fierce fighting with the use of the armor has been raging in the province of Aleppo in recent days. As the Center for the Syria Ceasefire has said, the militants took advantage of the truce and the immediate vicinity to the areas controlled by the moderate opposition to regroup forces and replenish arms and munitions.
The ceasefire regime has been in effect in Syria since February 27. It does not apply to the Islamic State and Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist groupings (both outlawed in Russia) and to other organizations recognized as terrorist groups by the UN Security Council.