Investigators claim to have enough evidence to prove Serebrennikov guilty of fraudRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 22, 21:35
Washington tries to use events in Khan Shaykhun to justify its strike on Syria — MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 22, 21:31
Egypt to receive 15 Russian 'Alligator' helicopters in 2017Military & Defense August 22, 19:57
Christophe de Margerie LNG tanker covers Northern Sea Route in record 6.5 daysBusiness & Economy August 22, 19:32
Kirill Serebrennikov dismisses fraud accusations as absurdSociety & Culture August 22, 19:18
From climate to transport: Arctic projects of Russian and Japanese scientistsBusiness & Economy August 22, 19:10
Trump’s Afghan strategy implies attempts to address issues by military means — analystWorld August 22, 19:00
Russian defense chief tests new neural network-based combat moduleMilitary & Defense August 22, 18:41
Poroshenko seeks to discuss alleged nuclear missile supplies to North Korea in UNWorld August 22, 18:31
MOSCOW, May 27. /TASS/. A group of observers from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine and Joint Center for Control and Coordination (JCCC) of the ceasefire regime in Ukraine’s south-eastern Donbass region have arrived to conduct an inspection at the site where the Ukrainian security forces on Thursday reportedly made an attempt to break through the positions of the units of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), the Donetsk News Agency reported on Friday.
"The JCCC delegation is headed by Major General Igor Mishutkin, and the OSCE group - by Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission Alexander Hug. The observers are accompanied by representatives of the DPR Defense Ministry", the report says.
The group will examine the area and record the consequences of the ceasefire regime violation.
On Thursday, DPR defense spokesman Eduard Basurin said that the Ukraine forces made an attempt at about noon on May 26 to outflank the DPR positions in the area of the Yasinovataya checkpoint (on the Donetsk-Gorlovka highway) and approach the Yasinovataya fork from the other side. The attack was repelled. As a result of the armed clash, six Ukrainian military and two DPR soldiers were killed.
According to Basurin, as a result of another criminal order of the Ukrainian military-political leadership, the 58th brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces attacked the DPR positions in the area of the Avdeyevka industrial zone. Six killed military servicemen and about 10 wounded are upon the conscience of the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ command, he said on Thursday.
DPR sources reported earlier that the Ukrainian forces again opened fire overnight on the territory of the republic, including from mortars. The northern suburb of Donetsk and the Yasinovataya checkpoint on the Donetsk-Gorlovka highway came under fire.