British PM to chair meeting of emergency response committee after Manchester blastWorld May 23, 7:53
Anti-corruption fight in Russia is in earnest, says upper house speakerRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 6:24
British prime minister calls Manchester blast 'appalling terrorist attack'World May 23, 5:52
At least 19 people confirmed dead in Manchester Arena blastWorld May 23, 4:40
Senator: Ukrainian authorities reluctant to stop policy of restricting Ukrainians' rightsRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 3:48
Maestro Gergiyev’s orchestra opens international music festival in SofiaSociety & Culture May 23, 3:44
Anti-Russian sanctions unlikely to be lifted shortly, says parliament speakerBusiness & Economy May 23, 2:33
Senior Russian MP says too early to speak of thaw in Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 2:26
NATO’s saber-rattling only impairs security of alliance's members — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 22, 20:20
MOSCOW, May 12. /TASS/. Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov and Deputy Secretary General for the European External Action Service Helga Schmid have discussed the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on Iran’s nuclear program, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"They focused on issues connected with the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on settling the situation around Iranian nuclear program," the foreign ministry said.
On Wednesday Schmid also held consultations with Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexey Meshkov in Moscow. They discussed the condition and prospects of developing bilateral relations. The sides also considered the schedule of bilateral contacts. Meshkov and Schmid "emphasized the importance of expanding cooperation between Russia and EU on the most relevant international problems and joint counteraction to common challenges and threats," the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
On 14 July 2015, the P5+1 group of international mediators (five permanent members of UN Security Council - US, UK, Russia, China, France - and Germany) and Iran signed the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on Tehran’s nuclear program. Iran will not produce weapons-grade plutonium and limit its stockpile of uranium enriched to 3.67% to 300 kilograms for the next 15 years. Tehran also agreed to modernize its nuclear facilities and use them for exclusively peaceful purposes.
Sanctions will be gradually removed from Iran. The arms embargo imposed by UN Security Council will be kept in place for five years, ban for supplying ballistic missile technologies to Iran - for eight years. Experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will monitor nuclear facilities in Iran for the next 25 years. If any points of the agreement are violated by Iran, sanctions against the country will be renewed.
On July 20 last year, the corresponding resolution on Iran’s nuclear program agreement was adopted by UN Security Council.