Boxing Day on Red Square sets new Guinness recordSport July 23, 8:33
Joseph Dunford says Russia most military capable country of those posing threat to USWorld July 23, 4:57
Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
PAK FA offers practically unlimited opportunities to pilot - commanderMilitary & Defense July 22, 11:29
Ukraine's National Broadcasting Board issues fine to Public Radio for 0% Urkainian songsWorld July 22, 5:39
Femen movement activists faces 5 years in jail for trying to frustrate summit meetingWorld July 22, 4:38
Russian Deputy PM dismisses allegations he will arrive in Moldova on warplaneRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 22, 2:46
MOSCOW, May 6 /TASS/. The Russian Federal Security Service has thwarted an attempt to launch a terror attack on public transport in the city of Krasnoyarsk, a source at the public relations center of the Russian Federal Security Service told TASS.
"On May 6, the employees of the Russian Federal Security Service carried out search raids and other operations in Krasnoyarsk to thwart plans for launching a terror attack on public transport during the May holidays," the source said.
"A group of citizens of Central Asian states linked to international terrorist organizations has been detained," the FSB said.
"Means of terrorist activities have been confiscated from them. An investigation is under way. The detainees’ identity is kept secret in the interests of the investigation," the FSB said.
The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) reported on May 4 that a group of citizens of the Central Asian states suspected of planning terror attacks in the Moscow region during the May holidays had been detained in Moscow.
"The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) has carried out a series of search raids and other operations in Moscow to detain a group of citizens from the Central Asian states who planned to launch a series of terror attacks in the Moscow region during the May holidays on order from the chieftains of international terrorist organizations operating in Syria and Turkey," the FSB source said adding that huge amounts of arms, explosive devices and other means of terrorist activities had been confiscated from the detainees who gave confessionary evidence.
The Meshchansky district court in Moscow took Sirozhidin Ergashov, Farkhodzhon Muratov and Anvarzhon Toshboltayev suspected of planning terror attacks in Moscow during the recent May holidays into custody at the FSB request on May 5.
"The court has satisfied the request of investigator from the Russian Federal Security Service department for Moscow and decided to take the suspects into custody until July 3," the court’s spokeswoman Yulia Bocharova said.
She clarified that the suspects were the natives of Kyrgyzstan holding Russian passports.
All the detainees are facing charges for the illegal acquisition, handover, sale, storage, transportation and carriage of weapons and its main parts and ammunition. They are also suspected of complicity to preparing terror attacks in Moscow for the May holidays.
Moscow’s Preobrazhenskiy district court arrested Aibek Saidov, 32, for encroaching on the life of a law enforcer. Saidov put up resistance during the detention and was wounded. He is also suspected of preparing a terror attack in Moscow. The Federal Security Service will bring official chargers against Saidov and the other detainees in the next few days.