Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Azerbaijan accused of over 120 ceasefire violations, Armenia accused of 130

April 25, 10:37 UTC+3 YEREVAN
Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry has reported 131 fire strikes at the Armenian positions conducted by the country's forces calling the strikes retaliatory
Material has 1 page
© Davit Abrahamyan, PAN Photo via AP

YEREVAN, April 25. /TASS/. According to Armenia’s Defense Ministry, Azerbaijan’s forces violated the ceasefire on the contact line in Nagorno-Karabakh more than 120 times overnight.

The ministry says the Azerbaijani forces opened fire on the contact line from small arms of various caliber, 60-mm and 82-mm mortars, mounted grenade launchers and anti-aircraft mounts, and also used a drone in the northeastern direction, the ministry said.

The statement also runs that Azerbaijan shelled the northeastern part of Armenia’s state border 38 times from small arms and a hand-held grenade launcher.

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry said Armenian forces violated the ceasefire on the front line 130 times also using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and howitzers, while Azerbaijan’s forces retaliated with 131 fire strikes on the Armenian positions.

The situation along the contact line of conflicting sides in Nagorno-Karabakh, a disputed territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan, deteriorated dramatically overnight to April 2 when fierce clashes began. The parties to the conflict accused each other of violating the truce. At a meeting of chiefs of General Staff of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Moscow an agreement was reached on the ceasefire from noon local time (0800GMT) on April 5. Since then, the sides have reported ceasefire violations along the contact line.

Показать еще
In other media