MOSCOW, April 22. /TASS/. One civilian was killed and three others were wounded in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic in shelling by Ukrainian troops over past week, Eduard Basurin, a spokesman for the DPR defense ministry, said on Friday.
"As a result of shelling by Ukrainian troops, one civilian was killed and three more received wounds," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying.
According to Basurin, all crimes committed by Ukrainian troops were committed to paper by DPR prosecution agencies to prepare material for criminal cases to be further referred to international organizations.
The DPR defense ministry said earlier on Friday as many as 181 episodes of shelling by Ukrainian troops with the use of heavy weapons prohibited by the Minsk agreements were reported in DPR in the past day alone.
The defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) reported a total of 1,853 episodes of shelling of DPR territories by Ukrainian troops over the past week.
"In the week from April 16 to April 22, Ukrainian troops committed 1,853 episodes of shelling of the republic’s territory," the Donetsk News Agency quoted Eduard Basurin as saying.
The Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements, known as Minsk-2, that was signed in Minsk on February 12, 2015 envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk starting from February 15, 2015 and subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.
On January 13, 2016, the Trilateral Contact Group meeting in the Belarusian capital city Minsk agreed on yet another, the seventh, ceasefire in Donbass from January 14. The sides however continue to accuse each other of ceasefire violation.